Sunday, June 26, 2011

#translatewiki.net does #Semantic #MediaWiki

When you look at the bottom of any page of translatewiki.net, it says "Powered by Semantic MediaWiki". It means that not only is translatewiki.net where you can localise Semantic MediaWiki, it is also a place where semantic web approaches can be used in earnest.

As translatewiki.net is a production environment, I do not feel comfortable to start experimenting wildly. It is however one of the more visible and strategic places for Semantic MediaWiki to pop up.

It is the closest you get to the real thing; implementation on Wikipedia itself. So my obvious question is: what should we do semantically on translatewiki. Who will provide us with the ideas that will show off the brilliant functionality that has now become a possibility?
Thanks,
      GerardM

1 comment:

Lydia Pintscher said...

Hey :)

I'm working with the SMW community as part of my day-job and also as a volunteer at KDE.
I can help you find the right people and explore some ideas. Feel free to send me an email at pintscher at ontoprise de.


Cheers
Lydia