Friday, October 22, 2010

Doing the right thing, doing a great thing

As #Mifos was getting localised in French, we were really happy because French is used in many countries in Africa and this makes Mifos usable.

Sadly it turns out that Verdy_p thought that its localisations are part of the current translation rally at translatewiki.net. His contributions do not qualify for the rally as Mifos is not MediaWiki.


As a sign of appreciation and encouragement is very much in order, I hereby grant Verdy_p a bit of the big cheese.
Thanks,
      GerardM

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, I had noticed that these translations wdere not counted, and I have even removed myself from the application for the rally. In fact I did not want to collect a share from the rally, and wanted to donate this share...

Thanks for your cheese ! I really love cheese (especially the most SMELLING ones, like Munster, Corsican cheesses, Vieux Lille, and Maroilles with which I prepare excellent recipes, or old dried Edam, as well as some old UK cheeses).

Unknown said...

Note: I have fully translated the beta package (more than 1500 resources, with lots of duplication). Anyway this still needs review:

* and there will certainly be lots of changes to unify those common strings that should translate identically, or to avoid including common UI button names (should use string references in the middle of messages).
* There are several patchwork messages that are not split in appropriate positions (in the middle of a phrase). I signaled them.

So be prepare to review all those things. After all the project is still in beta for its internationalization.

Unknown said...

May be this is not visible here; but my account name in Translatewiki.net is "Verdy_p".

GerardM said...

How could it be anyone but you :)
Thanks,
GerardM