Friday, August 14, 2009

Museum looking for a camera

I was told about a small museum somewhere away from the capital of a European country. This museum is in a city with a great history and is part of a group of museums. This museum has an interesting collection of material and is willing to share this.

So they are at the stage where they might welcome a photographer to come and make pictures. As it is not a museum in my country and as I do not know what is involved, it will not be me. It may be a job that takes a week, it will not only be about making photos, it will also be about annotating the photos so that we know what the pictures are about.

The question I have at this moment is, are there people in our community who would be interested in such a thing?
Thanks,
        GerardM

3 comments:

Mike Peel said...

I'm sure that there would be - try asking on commons - but you'd have to specify which country/location, and say whether they'd be wiling to pay for travel (and accommodation if necessary).

It almost sounds like a good project for a working holiday.

Anonymous said...

I don't know that the job description could be more vague....

Pharos said...

Knowing the country would help an awful lot :)

Even if noone from the mystery nation is reading this blog, some of your other readers probably know a few good Wikimedians in that strange land.